BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 7

Happy Birthday to ME

   So this past weekend I celebrated my 25th birthday, yes, the B-I-G two-five. However, I was lucky enough to spend the weekend with my fiance, Dana, and other amazing individuals in Charleston, South Carolina.

   The weekend consisted of lots of adult beverages, putt-putt, boating, laughs, corn-hole, and sushi...I honestly couldn't have asked for a better birthday. In fact, this was actually the first birthday that was fun and exciting and I have never been able to experience an amazing birthday before.

   Friday started off with a quick trip to the pool with Bobby and then we went in to pack and get ready to head to South Carolina; however, we had to make some stops to pick up my new sunglasses at Gander Mountain, once we finally got on the road we made decent time and waited for Dana to arrive. Once she made it to SC we went to Mellow Mushroom for some pizza. After pizza we played a couple of games of corn-hole in which I was able to realize why I stopped playing the game...because I SUCK!

   The next morning we woke up and started the morning off with mimosas and then headed to the pool. A little inside information about where Bobby is currently living: He is in the Coast Guard and is in a Title 10 thingy and thus lives in Charleston,SC in a very prestigious Country Club with an awesome gulf course. Anywho, when you go to the pool you  must  sign-in and include a member ID and pay $3.00 for each guest. Tish, Bobby, Dana, and I arrive at the pool and sign-in and head to a back corner and more guests start arriving...everything is fine and dandy. We are enjoying some cold beverages, listening to music, and having a great time. Tish was providing 'splash' entertainment and doing various jumps into the pool and we ever made friends with a little boy and took him off his mother's hands for a while... the little boy Colton, was developmentally disabled, which is not an issue since I work with children with disabilities for a career. This little boy was a TRIP... his attention-seeking behavior got the best of some of my friends and he proceeded to knock over Chris's drinks, throw sunglasses in the pool, and throw the ball at everyone when they were not looking. After a while, we decided that he 'liked' Dana and boy were we right! Colton started to put the moves on Dana, first by touching her inner thigh, attempting to kiss her chest, and finally straddled her and humped her! It was hilarious!

   After he was finally collected by his mother the other boys began to arrive at the pool, however, as always, they had to make a grand enterance and hop the fence versus walking in through the gate...calling attention to us. Needless to say, the old lady who was manding the gate came over to us and said "What's in that cooler?", Joe's reply was "Diet Cola, Ma'am" (mind you we have empty beer cans around us and I am struggling to hide the liquor that was just handed to me. She says "Okay" and heads back. Not even 5 minutes later this mean looking old man came over to us and began talking to the guys trying to make them pay the $3.00 for the guests and what-not. The end decision was made for us to stay but the majority of the group was ready for lunch and unhappy with the clouds rolling in so we decided to leave. But just as the boys had to make a grand enterance they had to leave the same way and hopped the fence yet again. Thus, causing one of the old people on duty to blow their whistle and call attention to us again! All I could hear was members making comments and us looking like we got kicked outta the pool.


  After we left the pool we ate a snack before going home to get ready for the nights birthday festivities. We gathered back at Bobby's to ride together to downtown Charleston and since Chris was on-duty he was our DD for the night. For dinner we ate at Tsuanmi and it was just as good as the first time I ate there 4 years ago. Once we all ate we headed to Wet Willies for a "Call A Cab" and listened to a horrible band. After we finished our drinks we walked over to Mad River Bar & Grille, which is "located in the Old Seaman's Chapel on Market Street, Mad River's high vaulted ceilings, original stained glass windows and overall aesthetics provide the perfect setting for friends and family to kick back and enjoy everything Charleston has to offer"(http://www.madrivercharleston.com/about.php). We managed to hang here all night! It was so much fun, we took lots of shots, my favorite Patron Silver, of-course, and danced the night away. There are definitely way to many candid photos on cameras out there from this weekend but it was a heck of a good time!



If you look close enough you can see the vaulted ceilings.


   As I stated before, this birthday was definitely amazing and one for the books! I love and appreciate all of those who made it special by celebrating with me and wishing me a Happy Birthday.

More to come on the weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment